- A very special Yunnan black tea with an exceptional flavor profile. We love brewing this 'grandpa style' (in the cup without a filter or infuser) in order to enjoy the layers of flavor that develop as it steeps. Takes well to multiple infusions as well.
- Tasting Notes: Notes of honey, rose, caramel, and malt with a lasting finish.
- Origin: Danjia Zhai, Cangyuan County, Lincang Prefecture, Yunnan Province, China
- Brewing Suggestions: We recommend using spring or filtered water. Heat to 195F/90C. Western Style: use 2.5g / 2 tsp of tea for 12 oz of water. Steep 5-7 minutes. This tea is also a great candidate for brewing in a Gaiwan, or 'grandpa style' directly in the cup.
We offer this tea to our clients for selfish reasons: we love to drink it and want keep plenty around, but we are willing to share . . . plus, it tastes better when you share!
The Chinese word 'gongfu' translates to doing something with skill. Yunnan Gongfu Black Tea processing involves a lengthy withering and oxidation process designed to bring out the most in the leaf. Gongfu black tea is a style of black tea making that originated in northern Fujian Province, and has since spread to most tea producing provinces.
INGREDIENTS: Black Tea
Yunnan Gongfu Black Tea
- Product Code: YunnanGonfu
- Availability: In Stock