- A pure white tea with no flavoring added.
- Tasting Notes: Notes of dried grain, and honeysuckle. Medium bodied.
- Origin: Fujian Province, China
- Brewing Suggestions: We recommend using spring or filtered water. Heat to 175F/80C. Use 1.8g / 2 tsp of tea for 12 oz of water. Steep 4-6 minutes.
- A high quality white tea which does not break the bank.
White Peony's name comes from the literal translation of its Chinese name, Bai Mudan. A pure white tea with no flavoring added, this tea has notes of dried grain, and honeysuckle. Medium bodied and easy to brew. Consists of tender fuzzy buds, and broken leaves. What may appear to be stems are actually the petiole and veins of these delicate leaves. Our White Peony is a high quality white tea which does not break the bank; a great alternative to more highly priced white teas such as our all bud Silver Needle. This is a favorite of Storm King Tea's owner, Mark Philip, who always maintains this in his personal stash.
- Product Code: WhitePeony
- Availability: In Stock