- A specialty Oolong from the Fenghuang shan (Phoenix mountains).
- Tasting Notes: Medium bodied, with notes of stonefruit, honey and orchid.
- Origin: Phoenix Mountains, Guangdong Province, China
- Cultivar: Mi Lan Xiang
- Brewing Suggestions: We recommend using spring or filtered water. Heat to 195F/90C. Use 2g / 2 tsp of tea for 12 oz of water. Steep 4-6 minutes.
Oolong teas are a delightful median between black and green teas. Since they are partially fermented, while black teas are fully fermented, and green teas are not fermented at all. Oolong's possess distinctive attributes all their own while melding some characteristics of green and black teas. It is lighter in body than most blacks (closer to that of a green), but with some of the subtle malty profiles found in higher quality black tea. Storm King Tea's Phoenix Oolong is a refined medium bodied tea, with notes of stonefruit, honey, orchid, and subtle malt.
Storm King Tea Phoenix Oolong is a 'Mi Lan Xiang' Oolong tea. This is a specialty Oolong from the Fenghuang shan (Phoenix mountains) in Guangdong province, China. The Phoenix mountains are elevated from 350 - 1560 meters above sea level. It is a Dan Cong (single tree) Mi Lan Xiang Oolong which literally translates to 'honey-orchid fragrance' which describes the character of the tea. These teas are generally characterized by their extraordinary fruity aroma and a subtle fragrance of orchid. Our Phoenix Oolong consists of slightly twisted whole leaves. Since these full length leaves do not pack down tightly like a finely cut tea would, we recommend 2 teaspoons per 12 oz of water, or a heaping teaspoon for an 8 oz portion of water.
Phoenix Oolong Tea
- Product Code: PhoenixOolong
- Availability: In Stock